- GM Troy Weaver has been fielding calls on forward Bojan Bogdanovic, but it would likely take a player and a first-round pick for the Pistons to consider a trade, per James L. Edwards III of The Athletic.
- The Cavaliers, Mavericks, Bucks, Pelicans, Raptors and Lakers are among the teams that have recently called on Bogdanovic in recent weeks, per Edwards.
- The Pistons could make a run at Cavs forward/guard Caris LeVert after the season, but aren’t likely to try to acquire him before the trade deadline, per Edwards.
- Coach Dwane Casey said patience is key when it comes to guard Jaden Ivey and center Jalen Duren, both rookies. “We have to give them some grace and keep teaching them and coaching them up,” Casey said, via Kory Woods of MLive.
While all the talk has been about the Lakers, the Wizards won their first game after the Rui Hachimura trade, a thriller on the road over the Mavericks.
“It’s easy to get excited about one performance. We’ve got along road trip ahead,” coach Wes Unseld Jr. told reporters. “It could be a catalyst for something, to be a little short-handed, able to compete on the road, an area which we’ve struggled at times.”
- There’s optimism forward Kristaps Porzingis can return from his left ankle sprain within two weeks, per the Associated Press. The Wizards are in the midst of a five-game trip that includes visits to all three Texas teams.
- Guard Kendrick Nunn suited up and was available but did not play vs. the Mavs. Nunn was acquired in tee Hachimura deal.
- Trading Hachimura creates a path to more minutes for forward Deni Avdija, GM Tommy Sheppard said, via Ava Wallace of the Washington Post. ““Defensively, I think we need Deni on the floor more,” Sheppard said. “Better secondary playmaker, just turned 22. I think he has a bright future.”
- Forward Bobby Portis Jr. suffered an MCL sprain in his right knee and is expected to miss some time, per Shams Charania of The Athletic. Portis is averaging 14.4 points and 10.1 rebounds in reserve.
- Already, Portis has compiled 29 double-doubles on the season. The Bucks are still working on a timeline as to when he might return, per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Looking for the latest NBA Insider News & Rumors?